Friday, November 18, 2011

Now For Books...

I went yesterday and did my big grocery shop for Thanksgiving.  Thank goodness that's over!  Grocery shopping is not my favorite thing, but I love to cook and I must feed my family therefore shopping is a necessity...lol.

Now I'm looking forward to a great weekend including two basketball games for my daughter and  a date night with my hubby!  Then next week my husband's off ALL week, and my daughter only has two days of schhool.  There's nothing better than a week spent with my two most favorite people in the world!  It's one of the reasons I so love the holidays...lots of extra time with the ones I love.

Now for books...

My daughter was totally into Goosebumps during the month of October, but I told her she needed to switch and read something different after Halloween.  So the month of November has been full of Nancy Drew.  I loved Nancy Drew when I was little. 

Her class has been studying about the pilgrims and Native Americans at school this month, so I suggested she read The Island of the Blue Dolphins this week while she's off, and she seems pretty excited to do it.  I'm looking forward to hearing her thoughts.

As for me I'm still reading Secret of the Night Ponies.  It's a cute little book, and I expect to finish today.  I've been busy, so it's taking me longer to read it than I wanted.  I'm not sure what I'll read next.

Any suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment