Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Thoughts On "Matched"

Source:  Goodreads



From the cover...
Cassia has always trusted the society's choices. 
And when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia is certain he is the one...until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. 
Now she is faced with impossible choices:  between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's know and a path no one dares follow...between perfection and passion.



I was talking books with a friend a couple months ago, and she happened to mention the Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie.  A few weeks ago I came across Matched, the first book in the series, in the bookstore and thought I'd get it.  I was reading New York Times Bestsellers in July, and Matched fit the bill.

I have read good and bad reviews for this one.  It seems people either love it or hate it.  I LOVED it!  It reminded me a lot of The Hunger Games, but with less action.  A lot of this story takes place in Cassia's mind through her thoughts and feelings.  I loved that about this book.

I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment