Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Thoughts On Daughter of Joy

Source:  Goodreads


From Goodreads...
Abigail Stanton's whole life was rooted in her faith, a faith she now clings to for survival.  After losing her husband and young son, Abby sets out alone, bereft, and heartsick.  And when she is lead to Conor McKay's doorstep, the very foundation of her belief starts to shift.



Kathleen Morgan
Source:  www.kathleenmorgan.com



_______________________________________________



Daughter of Joy is the last romance I finished for the month of February, and I really liked it.  If like me  you LOVE Francine Rivers', Redeeming Love, you will really enjoy this book as well.  The copy I read was free for my Kindle Fire which makes it even better.

It takes place during the late 1800's which is one of my favorite times in history, and it has it all...love, loss, laughter, anger, fear, and faith.  I love reading books where people use their faith in God to guide them through life even when it's not always easy to go where God wants you to.  I relate to that because that's what I try to do in my own life.

Abby is weak but her faith makes her strong, and she is a perfect illustration of what I feel is one of the most important things in life...doing what's right no matter what.

There are several other books in the Brides of Culdee Creek Series, and I liked this book enough to read the next one in the series, Woman of Grace.



Source:  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment