Monday, March 26, 2012

We Saw The Hunger Games

Friday night was date night for my husband and I, and it's been our plan for a month to go see The Hunger Games.  Even though my husband is not really a reader, (not like me anyway, he reads the Bible, the paper, and magazines, but not many books) he was fine with this since he saw the preview during our last movie date night and was interested.  Plus he's been listening to me rave about these books for  months.  I'm happy to say that we were not disappointed.  The Hunger Games was a great movie!  And most importantly to me very true to the book. This always makes me very happy because then my husband can get an idea of what the book is about and why I love it so much!  Of course there were a few differences and things left out, but that's always to be expected.  On the whole, the movie does a very, very good job of staying true to the book!





Just as I thought when I saw the very first preview, the casting is brilliant.  Jennifer Lawrence is perfect as Katniss.  Katniss is one of the best female characters in a long time, and Lawrence definitely does her justice.  Although Josh Hutcherson may not immediately pop into your mind when you think of Peeta,when you see the movie it's obvious that it works.  To me there couldn't be a better Gale than Liam Hemsworth, and Lenny Kravits as Cinna is genius!

So if you are a fan of The Hunger Games, you must see the movie.  I don't think you'll be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment