Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Thoughts On The Lucky One...The Movie And The Book

Source:  Goodreads



From the back cover...
After U.S. Marine Logan Thibault finds a photograph of a smiling young woman buried in the dirt during his tour of duty in Iraq, he experiences a sudden streak of luck, winning poker games and even surviving deadly combat.  Only his best friend, Victor, seems to have an explanation for his good fortune:  the photograph--his lucky charm. 
Back home in Colorado, Thibault can't seem to get the woman in the photograph out of his mind and he sets out on a journey across the country to find her.  But Thibault is caught off guard by the strong attraction he feels when his search leads him to Elizabeth, a divorced mother in North Carolina with a young son--and he keeps the story of the photo, and his luck, a secret.  As he and Elizabeth embark upon a passionate love affair, Thibault's secret will soon threaten to tear them apart, destroying not only their love, but also their lives.


___________________________________________ 



I started reading this book after I saw a preview for the movie and knew that I wanted to see it.  After finishing the book and watching the movie--I am happy to say I loved them both.

As is always true when I love a book--I really really loved the characters in this one.  Logan, Elizabeth, Ben, Nana, and even Keith Clayton, Elizabeth's horrible ex-husband are all great characters.  You also get to read a lot of each character's inner thoughts.  There is lots of dialogue of course, but it's what the characters are thinking and not saying that I find most fascinating.  Their inner thoughts are what make this book great for me.

Although it is rare for me...I do believe I liked the movie just a little more than the book.  I think the casting was great.  Zac Efron was awesome as Logan.   I really liked Taylor Schilling as Elizabeth, and Jay R. Ferguson played the best jerk I've ever seen!

So, I'd definitely recommend both the movie and the book.  If you are a Nicholas Sparks fan you'll love both.




No comments:

Post a Comment