Monday, April 30, 2012

My Thoughts On Two For The Dough

Source:  Goodreads



Summary from Goodreads...
From the author of One for the Money comes the second clever comic mystery featuring irrepressible bounty hunter Stephanie Plum.  Here, Stephanie finds herself on the trail of a killer who happens to have a distant relative who's a vice cop with questionable ethics, a libido in permanent overdrive, and a habit of horning in on Stephanie's investigations.


__________________________________________________



This was my second Janet Evanovich book.  I read the first book in the Stephanie Plum series, One for the Money at the beginning of March.  I really liked it, so I thought I'd give the second in the series, Two for the Dough a try.  I wasn't disappointed.  This was such a fun book and a pleasure to read!  

Stephanie is still trying to make a living bounty hunting, and is still bad at it.  She still has a knack for getting herself into bad situations that her love-hate childhood crush Joe Morelli always seems to be there to get her out of.  The interaction between Stephanie and Joe is one my favorite parts of these books.  Another great character in this book is Grandma Mazur, Stephanie's grandmother.  She is hilarious!

I laughed out loud at this book several times, and that's rare for me.  There are lots of books that have made me cry, smile, or chuckle, but not many that have made me laugh out loud.  I'll definitely be reading the next one in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment