Thursday, June 7, 2012

My 1 Year Blogiversary!!!

As of today, this blog is one year old.  Wow, I can't believe it!

I started this blog to become part of a reading community.  I wanted to share ideas, and get a fresh perspective on books in general.  I was in a reading rut you could say--reading the same kinds of books with the same kinds of ideas over and over again.  When I started this blog, I was on a mission to broaden my reading horizons, and I think it's been a huge success.  I've read books this year that I never would have without the blogging community.

Blogging has become such a big part of my life.  When I started I had no idea how much fun it would be, or to be honest how much work it would be.  I have to admit the pressure to finish books quickly so I can blog about them has gotten to me at times.  But I think my main struggle has been to stay true to MY voice.  I follow lots of wonderful blogs, and I have often caught myself wishing to be more like this one or that one.  I have to remind myself over and over that it's ME that has to come through on my page--no matter how simple my ideas, they are my ideas.  I have to be me.

I have found so many great blogs along the way, and made new friends.  Thank you so much to those of you who take the time to read and comment on my blog.  It means so much to me!


2 comments: