Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Thoughts On "Bitter Is The New Black"

Last July I started a feature called "Ten Books I Thought I'd Never Read".  In trying to broaden my reading horizons I decided to read at least one book from ten genres that I normally do not read...romance, western, military, horror, celebrity memoir, true crime, sports fiction, sci-fi, mystery, and chic-lit.

I had originally thought I'd read  Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella for my chic-lit selection, but then my friend, Lisa, from the blog Parenting, Politics, and Religion, suggested I read Bitter Is the New Black by Jen Lancaster.  It's taken me a while to get around to it, but since this month is Chic-Lit for the Cupcakes War Reading Challenge...I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.



Source:  Goodreads



Goodread's Summary
Jen Lancaster was living the sweet-life until real life kicked her to the curb.  She had the perfect man, the perfect job--hell, she had the perfect life, and there was no reason to think it wouldn't last.  Or maybe there was, but Jen Lancaster was too busy being manicured, pedicured, highlighted, and generally adored to notice...



I just have to say...this book is HILARIOUS!  Jen Lancaster is honest about herself and others too.  She says what you might be thinking, but would never say...such a guilty pleasure.  I laughed out loud several times.

I do have to warn that there is some strong language, but if you can overlook that this is a really funny book! I'm so glad Lisa recommended it.  I would have never read it otherwise, but now I've found a great new author to enjoy.  I'm sure I'll be reading more of Jen Lancaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment