Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Thoughts On "Risky Shot"

Source:  Goodreads



Goodreads Summary...
Danielle DeLuca, an ex-beauty queen who is not at all what she seems, leaves the streets of New York after tracking the criminals out to destroy her.  She travels to Keeneston, Kentucky to make her final stand by the side of her best friend, McKenna Mason.  While in Keeneston, Danielle meets the mysterious Mohtadi Ali Rahmen, a modern day prince.  Can Mo protect Dani from the group of powerful men in New York?  Or will Dani save the Prince from his rigid, loveless destiny?


_________________________________________________



This is the second book in the Bluegrass Series by Kathleen Brooks.  I really liked the first book in the series, Bluegrass State of Mind, and I knew right away that I wanted to read the rest of the series.  It just took me a little while to get around to it.  I'm really glad I finally did though because I loved Risky Shot.

I loved the setting and the supporting cast of characters from the town of Keeneston.  The three main characters from the series, McKenna, Danielle, and Paige, each narrate a book but are present throughout the series.  I love the growth and closeness of their friendship--that feeling of camaraderie 


Risky Shot is a romance, so of course there is "romance" in it.  It's clean romance though, with no graphic sexual content.  It's mystery, suspense as well.  I love it when a book blurs the line between genres, and I find that if there's a mystery element to a book I can't help but read it quickly.

So if your looking for something quick and fun to read, you might want to give this series a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment