Sunday, July 8, 2012

I Had No Idea It Had Been So Long!

I didn't realize the date of my last post was June 19th!  I've read several really good books since then.  I just haven't had the time to blog about them.

 It's been softball central around here...batting practice, fielding practice, pitching practice, tournaments--if you throw in piano practice, singing practice, and my husband's recent week of vacation, it's amazing that I read at all.  But I love my busy life, and I wouldn't change it for the world.  It's so great seeing my daughter happily busy and discovering her talents and passions.  A definite passion for her is reading, and she just finished the Harry Potter series yesterday.  She said she wished those books would go on forever!  She absolutely loved them.  She has been a reading machine, and has actually read way more than me since her summer break began.  I'm beginning to suspect that she reads faster than I do, which only makes me one  happy mama!  Now she's reading The Diary of Anne Frank, which I asked her to read, and she happily agreed.  I'm interested to hear what she thinks of this one.

Tomorrow I plan to blog about a really great book I recently read, Angry Housewives Eating Bons Bons by Lorna Landvik.


Source:  Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment