Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Not The First...It Won't Be The Last!

Every now and then I get the urge to read Louisa May Alcott.  This time I chose Rose in Bloom, the sequel to Eight Cousins.



Source:  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/76624.Eight_Cousins



Source:  http://www.goodreads.com/



From the Back Cover...
"Rose in Bloom is a novel about a 19th century girl, Rose Campbell, the heroine of the story, who is trying to find her way in society.  This story is the sequel to Eight Cousins and was published for the first time in 1876."


PREFACE

As authors may be supposed to know better than anyone else what they intended to do when writing a book, I beg leave to say that there is no moral to this story.  Rose is not designed for a model girl, and the Sequel was simply written in fulfillment of a promise, hoping to afford some amusement, and perhaps here and there a helpful hint, to other roses getting ready to bloom.

L.M. Alcott
September 1876


Source:  http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1315.Louisa_May_Alcott



I know this is not my first blog post about Louisa May Alcott and her books, and I'm sure it won't be the last.  I love her books.  They make me feel warm and safe and happy.  They are familiar and every time I read one it's like visiting an old friend.  Rose in Bloom does not disappoint.  If you enjoy reading Louisa May Alcott you'll love this book.


"Some stories are so familiar its like going home."
Louisa May Alcott
(Source:  Goodreads)

No comments:

Post a Comment