Thursday, February 9, 2012

Half Way Through, Anonymous, and Home Front

I'm half way through Like Water for Chocolate.  I am a bit surprised by this book.  I didn't expect it to be so much about food.  I'm not blown away, but I like it.  I'm hoping to finish tonight and post my full review tomorrow.  I plan on doing some shopping with my mom and sister tomorrow, so I should have some new books to share soon.



Source:  Goodreads



_______________________________________________________



This weekend my husband and I are going to rent the movie, Anonymous.  I'm really looking forward to this one.  I'll add the preview below so you can check it out.







__________________________________________________________



I think my next book will be Home Front by Kristin Hannah.




Source:  Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I liked "Like Water for Chocolate," but also wasn't blown away. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts. I read it very near in time to "Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands" and it was similar with all the food references, but "Dona Flor" wasn't as sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MJ! I've never heard of "Dona Flor". I'll look it up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete