Friday, February 24, 2012

My Thoughts On Bluegrass State of Mind

Source:  Goodreads


From Goodreads...
McKenna Mason, a New York City attorney with a love of all things Prada, is on the run from a group of powerful, dangerous men. McKenna turns to a teenage crush, Will Ashton, for help in starting a new life in horse country. She finds that Will is now a handsome, successful race horse farm owner. As the old flame is ignited, complications are aplenty in the form of a nasty ex-wife, a boyfriend intent on killing her, and a feisty race horse who refuses to race without a kiss. Can Will and McKenna cross the finish line together, and more importantly, alive?



Kathleen Brooks
Source:  Goodreads



______________________________________________________



I'll just start out by saying...I don't care for the cover of this one.  I don't feel it does the book justice.

I liked Bluegrass State of Mind.  I thought the story was good and the characters were very likable as well.  It wasn't  just a romance either.  There was a bit of mystery and suspense thrown in.  I enjoyed how the book related the slower paced life of the south.  The dialogue was a bit stiff, and it could get a little cheesy from time to time.  But over all it was a good book.  I liked it well enough that I will be reading the next two books in the series.



Source:  Goodreads



Source:  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment