Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Thoughts On The Notebook

Source:  Goodreads



From Goodreads...
"A man with a faded, well-worn notebook open in his lap.  A woman experiencing a morning ritual she doesn't understand.  Until he begins to read to her.  The Notebook is an achingly tender story about the enduring power of love, a story of miracles that will stay with you forever..."


 __________________________________________________



"I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life.  There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough"
--Noah Calhoun
The Notebook


The above quote is my favorite quote from the book.  In fact it's one of my favorite quotes of all time because it makes me think of my husband.  He would call himself a common man, but to me he is anything but common and I have loved him since I was 14 years old.  And I'm lucky enough to know that he loves me too with all his "heart and soul".

I watched this movie years ago, and loved it so much that I bought it.  I had put off reading the book because I was afraid it would be nothing like the movie, but after reading the book yesterday I am happy to say that the movie is very true to the book.  I love them both!

I know most people who read romance novels have read this one, but if by some chance you've missed this one give it a try.  It is a heartwarming story of unconditional, undying love, and I'm always inspired by it.





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. Q! I finished the book last night and couldn't resist watching the movie (again)this morning (:

      Delete