Monday, September 5, 2011

And Now The Movie...The Secret Life of Bees


I recently finished reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.  I loved it, so of course I wanted to see the movie.



Source:  www.imdb.com


The Secret Life of Bees Movie is rated PG13 and 114 minutes long.  It was released in the U.S.A on October 17,2008.

I really enjoyed this movie, but I have to say that I liked the book better because as always you get more details, thoughts, and emotions in the book.  I think over all, that the movie does a good job conveying the message of the book, and the actors did a beautiful job with the characters.  Of course there were some changes made and some things left out, but that's to be expected.  Even so, I'm so happy that we watched it.

My husband is not a huge reader, but he's always interested in what I'm reading.  If I particularly like a book, I always try to rent the movie version if it's available to give him some idea of what the book was about.  This was the case with The Secret Life of Bees, and he really enjoyed the movie as well.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that movie. Glad you rented it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to read the book now since you say the book is better. I loved the movie so I would probably enjoy the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethh...The book is so worth reading! If you liked the movie, you'll love the book. It was a pretty fast read too.

    ReplyDelete