Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shopping, Lunch, And A Trip To The Library

My sister and I went out to do some shopping and get lunch today, so of course I have some new books at my house...two of them I bought at Goodwill for $1.06.  You can't beat that!  I also checked out five from the library.



These two are the goodwill purchases...




Source:  Goodreads



Source:  Goodreads



These are the books I checked out from the library today...




Source:  Goodreads



Source:  Goodreads



Source:  Goodreads



Source:  Goodreads




Source:  Goodreads


Most of these are southern fiction, and I know I won't get them all in before the Southern Belle Reading Challenge ends, but I'm loving the southern fiction right now so I'll just keep reading.  I'm looking forward to some Halloween-ish reading for the month of October...nothing too scary though!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love Goodwill for books. Looks like you found some good ones! I haven't read any of the books you picked up, but a good half of them are on my own TBR. Glad you've found a sub-genre you enjoy so much! I haven't read much Southern fiction, but you have me curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin...I'm a book bargain girl! I buy most of my books from Goodwill, flea markets, yard sales, antique stores and used book stores. I live in a very small town and we don't have a book store...Wal-Mart is about it. I usually hit up Barnes & Noble or Books A Million when we visit a town that has one. I also do a little shopping on Amazon, but that's mostly for my daughter's books. Thanks for commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be looking for your review on The Kitchen House, it is on my tbr list. Happy reading!

    Love giving books a home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs.Q! I should be starting The Kitchen House soon. Thanks for commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a lot of fun. I've actually read The Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier, which is the author of Burning Bright. It was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth...I knew you said you'd read The Girl With the Pearl Earring, and said it was decent. Thought I'd go ahead and get that book.

    ReplyDelete