Thursday, September 15, 2011

BBAW Day 4: Reading and Blogging

BBAW 2011 - Graphic (200px wide)



BBAW Topic #4

We have no blogs without books! Today’s topic explores that even more!
Book bloggers blog because we love reading. Has book blogging changed the way you read? Have you discovered books you never would have apart from book blogging? How has book blogging affected your book acquisition habits? Have you made new connections with other readers because of book blogging? Choose any one of these topics and share your thoughts today!


______________________________________________



I am very new to blogging...both reading blogs and doing my own blog, but I have quickly grown to LOVE both.

Before I joined the blogging community, I read mostly adult classics, children's classics, and historical fiction.  Those genres are still my favorites but my eyes have been opened to so many great books, and I now see what I've been missing by being such a book snob.

I do a blog post called "Ten Books I Thought I'd Never Read", and that was totally inspired by the realization that I've been missing out on some great books because I thought they just weren't for me.  I came to that realization through reading other people's blogs and through doing research for my own blog.

Another way my reading has changed is that I read with a purpose now.  I'm reading with a book review in mind.  I try to be aware of wonderful quotes from a book, or interesting places or people to research from a book.  I  look for anything new or different that I might be able to blog about.  So in that way, I feel I'm getting more out of my reading now.


12 comments:

  1. Welcome to book blogging! It is very addicting.

    I agree with your comment about reading with a purpose. I think of my reviews as a book journal, and I love to go back and read past reviews. Blogger have really influenced my reading habits, and I read alot more "New" books than before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderfully obsessive world of Book Blogging! Great points. I completely agree about the widening horizon of genres we are exposed to...and how much more purposeful our reading experience becomes in this community.

    Hope you love your ongoing experiences.

    Here's MY BBAW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs.Q! You are so right...book blogging is very addicting:) Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creations...Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely agree with you on those points. I love your idea for the 10 books you never thought you'd read post -- what a great idea! You have me interested to see which books I doubt I'd have read if not for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the book blogging world, then. It is lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin...thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to find so many new bloggers this year. I am finding it so diverse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a guest blogger for Amy has been a blessing for me. As parents we get caught up in our children and our family and forget to be creative and do things just because we enjoy it. Being a guest blogger is something that I do just for myself because I enjoy it! It's something that gives me the chance to be creative again. I never really thought much about blogging until Amy started her blog. Through her blog and a few others she has told me about, I have been able to pick out good books to read that I might have never read otherwise. I heard a guy on TV the other day talk about how when you stop being creative, you lose a piece of yourself. I agree with that statement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maurice...thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beth...Great comment! Thanks for supporting and guesting on my blog! You always do a great job!

    ReplyDelete